Friday, November 7, 2008

Skyler's follow up note...=^..^=


I got Skyler home yesterday after her surgical procedure... She made sure she howled all the way home which is a 45 minute drive from the clinic to our house. (at least she didn't pee everywhere again...) I had put her in the front seat with me thinking that she may need me in her altered state in case she was sick & too groggy to move & couldn't keep from choking on vomit or something... I was so wrong! That cat was climbing & banging on her pet carrier... screeching & howling... I was a nervous wreck! I even stopped & got her some beef jerky to shut her up... It did no good! The howling continued all the way home... I just joined in after awhile.



As soon as I let her out of the pet carrier. She did not make another sound. She went straight to her food & ate. And glared at me with disdain. She also bounced around & climbed to the very tip top of my kitchen cabinets to jump across the kitchen... WTH??? I do believe I was down for a little bit after I had surgery... I guess cats are different. I think Skyler would just say I'm a wimp!



I do think the anesthesia did something to her brain though... She was wild! But she looks cute when she lies back & you can see her fat little shaved belly with the big green tattoo ink spot! I wonder why the vet picks the color green to mark them? Hmmm... at least she will never get pinched on St. Patty's Day!


No comments: